Leeward Community Church was established in 1970 by founding pastor Rev. Fred King, who had a burden to minister to the many military families in and around Pearl Harbor. Leeward Community Church is a part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, which has churches and outreach efforts all over the world. Today, Leeward Community Church is a thriving multiethnic community of both local and military families. With an average weekend attendance of about 400 people, Leeward Community Church has a vision to reach the generations through evangelism and discipleship for every age and stage of life.
We hold the Bible to be the inerrant and inspired Word of God, and preach Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer and Coming King.
SAVIOR– We believe that every individual must make a personal decision to accept Jesus Christ as Savior and be born-again by the Spirit of God. We regularly give invitations for people to publicly accept Jesus Christ and baptize new believers by immersion every month.
SANCTIFIER – We believe that every born-again Christian must earnestly desire to live as a disciple of Jesus Christ by obeying His Word and by developing a surrendered, Spirit-filled life. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity and it is He who gives spiritual gifts to believers and enables them to live a holy life.
HEALER – We believe that Jesus Christ can miraculously heal even today, although everyone may not experience miraculous healing. God uses doctors and medicine but we believe that nothing is impossible with God.
COMING KING – We believe in the visible and bodily return of Jesus Christ to this earth. The Bible teaches that no one knows the exact date or time of Christ’s return. He will come first in the clouds to take believers to be with Him and then He will return to reward the believers and judge the unbelievers.
As a part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, we align ourselves with the following:
The Alliance will be a movement of Great Commission Christians who are glorifying God by building Christ’s Church worldwide.
Developing the Deeper Life
Our mission central objectives are critical to all we are and do.
- Lost people matter to God. He wants them found. (Luke 19:10)
- Prayer is the primary work of the people of God. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- Everything we have belongs to God. We are His stewards. (1 Chronicles 29:14)
- Knowing and obeying God’s Word is fundamental to all true success. (Joshua 1:8)
- Completing the Great Commission will require the mobilization of every fully devoted disciple. (Matthew 28:19)
- Without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we can accomplish nothing. (1 Corinthians 2:4-5)
- Achieving God’s purposes means taking faith-filled risks. This always involves change. (Hebrews 11:6)