Friday, May 29th 2020
Re-Opening of LCC in June 2020 a SNAPSHOT:
4 Key Points for Return to LCC in Phases:
1. It will “feel” and “look” different when we return.
a. Process your emotions.
b. Pray for the Peace as you think about the return process.
2. Following the guidelines as prescribed by the State with regards to meeting together.
a. Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
b. Wear a Mask in the church at all Times.
c. Social Distancing/Seating Apart
d. Hand sanitizing
3. We will re-open only when we know we can do it right, and to do it right over the long haul.
a. We will be limited by current space constrains.
b. Service setup will limit how many people we can bring into out service.
c. “Live” Streaming will continue for a long time to come.
4. LCC Family. We need all of you to Re-Open effectively.
a. All hands on deck when we move into 2 services on a Sunday in July.
b. IF you are unsure about returning too soon, it is ok. Stay at Home and Stay Online.
*Do realize that as a church we need to be responsive to any changes within a day or a week to this pandemic. So, keep abreast of any changes for LCC through our website.
Snapshot of 4 Weeks of June for RETURN TO LCC:
*There will be only ONE Service each Sun at 10:30 a.m. with FB “Live” Streaming for June.
Week 1: Sun, Jun 7. LCC Leadership Attendance only (Group 1) by Invitation Only @ 10:30 a.m.
Week 2: Sun, Jun 14. LCC Leadership Attendance only (Group 2) by Invitation Only @ 10:30 a.m.
Week 3: Sun, Jun 21. Open Congregation Sign-up Online via website. Limited Seating.
Week 4: Sun, Jun 28. Open Congregation Sign-up Online via website. Limited Seating.
*Be prepared to attend only ONE In-Person Service so everyone gets to come to church once in June.
*Pray that we obtain our Occupancy Permit so that with a larger auditorium we can social distance with more people in the building/
*Be patient as we prepare to welcome everyone in the month of July 2020, hopefully with 2 services each Sunday.
As with the rest of the world, Hawaii is also wrestling with the spread of COVID-19. As gatherings of large groups of people are highly discouraged due to concern of community spread, Leeward Community Church’s leadership has decided that for the next 2 Sundays (3/22 and 3/29) we will NOT be gathering for services. Also, all activities such as youth group, Home Groups and such will all be canceled from now to Sun, March 29. We will re-evaluate and update all on any new changes. We would love to have you and hope you will come and spend time with us when we re-open for services again very soon. Let’s pray that our nation and the world will experience a breakthrough from this condition shortly. Mahalo. (See Home Page for full communication)
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Dear Leeward Ohana,
As the church leadership and staff, we want to update you on our church’s response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
These are challenging times all over the world and it has reached many shores. As disciples of Christ we are to reflect on our God who knows all things. He is in complete control when we cannot. May we keep encouraging ourselves to look to Him and others who may be searching for answers.
The staff team and leadership have been in communication about recommendations and how various states (authorities) have been responding in a timely manner especially with large gatherings. We are closely monitoring the situation and when our local government issues a MANDATE NOT TO MEET, we will submit to that.
Looking into other churches in the local areas as to how each are responding to this crisis, after much prayers and considerations like ours, we will do the following (please watch for Regular Updates on our Website and App).
- Friday Youth Night and Sunday Services will continue as per normal for now until we have new developments that warrant a shut-down.
- Greeters and Greeting Time in Sunday Services will be limited to Shakas, Waving, Wink and alike. No hugging or hand shaking for now.
- Give Tithe and Offerings online, if possible.
- Observe good hygiene – wash hands with soap and water; use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol and if you are unwell, please stay home and come back when you are well. We love you.
- Leverage on technology: Use our website, www.leewardcommunitychurch.org or LCC App to watch for news updates and audio for our sermons or announcements.
- Home Groups can continue to meet. Keep each other informed if you are unwell and stay home. What a great way to pray and support each other.
- Pray for our world, our family and loved ones during our 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting.
As a church we want to be here for you. If you are needing more information or have questions, please write to us at email@example.com.
The latest communications from LCC will be posted on this webpage and communicated via push notification through the Leeward CC App.
(To download the Leeward CC App visit: https://subsplash.com/leeward/app)